GrooveMember Portals is a feature that allows you to create a school preview page like Teachable.
If you have more than 1 course, it’s worth creating a members portal to show case ALL the courses you have available.
This helps existing customers buy more from you and ascends them up your value ladder.
With your free GrooveFunnels account, you can create 1 membership site or course and add up to 100 members for free.
If you purchased the GrooveFunnels lifetime package, well you’re in luck!
You can create unlimited GrooveMember sites, course portals and have unlimited students.
If you haven’t read my review yet on the lifetime package, get the full details here.
GrooveMember Course Portal Example
Here’s an example of how you can use the portals feature.
Let’s say you are a career coach and you have six courses:
- Mastering Your Resume,
- Mastering Your Interview,
- Stand Out and Get Hired,
- LinkedIn Profile Optimization,
- LinkedIn Personal Branding, and
- LinkedIn Video Marketing course.
You can choose to create:
- one portal with courses relating to getting the job.
- one portal with courses relating to LinkedIn or
- one portal to house all six of your courses.
The best part is that GrooveMember has single sign on which means your students can access all these courses with one login using the same email and password.
If you watched my previous training on How To Create A Membership Site For An Online Course , in step 7, you no longer have access to the registration link, this is now managed via Portals.
Create A Course Portal In GrooveMember Tutorial
Steps To Creating A Portal In GrooveMember
- When you login to GrooveFunnels, click on the “GrooveMember App”.
- The portals feature is located in the left panel. Click on “Content” > “Portals” as per the screenshot below:
- Click on “Create Portal” on the top right corner.
- Give your portal a name.
- For the subdomain, remember you cannot change your domain once your portal is created
- Custom Domain: you can add a custom domain in your account and house your portal on your own domain name
- Then click on “Create Portal”.
Configuring Your Portal
Step 1: Basic Information
- Enter a description regarding your portal.
- Click “save and next”.
Step 2: Membership Site Selection
- Under Select Membership tab, this is where you can select the courses or memberships you created in GrooveMember
- Lets say I want to create a portal for courses specifically relating to getting the job.
- I’m going to select “Mastering Your Resume”, “Mastering Your Interview”, and “Stand Out & Get Hired” courses.
- Once you select the courses or GrooveMember sites you want to be added to the portal, you notice a pink border outline and the button text will change from “select” to “unselect”.
- If you change your mind, click on that button again and it will revert to select and the pink border outline will no longer show.
- Under the “Display Membership Tab”, this is where you can manage how your courses can be displayed.
- The first option is to “Display all memberships” – this is the option you’re most likely going to use and it means when a user is not logged in all the membership or courses you have will have all your courses displayed in the portal.
- Under each one of your courses, there will be a “Learn More” button when your GrooveMember site is displayed.
- If someone clicks on the learn more button they will be redirected to the sales page.
- When a user is logged into your portal, all the courses that have been purchased will have a green border outline.
- The ones that they haven’t purchased will have a red border outline.
- You can also set it at “Displayed only accessible membership” and “Forced login”.
- You can read these on your own and decide if it’s right for you.
- Once you have decided click “Save & Next”.
Step 3: Sort – Rearrange GrooveMember Courses
- Step 3 allows you to rearrange the order of your courses in terms of your value ladder or product ascension process.
- For example, you want to teach people on preparing their resume first, then prepare for the interview.
- You would click on the course, hold it then drag it and drag it into a logical order so students know which course to take first.
- Once you’re done, click on “Save & Next”.
Step 4: Customization
- Under the “Top Navigation Bar” tab, click on Choose Image to upload your school logo.
- You can change your login button color, login text color, and navigation background color.
- Click on the drop-down arrow then click on the circle icon.
- Enter in the hex code color that you like.
- Click on the check button.
- Under the Portal Cover Tab, you can have an image on top of your portal.
- If you want to place a cover, select “Yes display my cover image”.
- Head over on the Image(s) Selected, the image size is 1920 by 350 pixels.
- Click on “+ Add Image”, upload or select an image on your library.
- You can add multiple images to turn it into a slider.
- In the Marquee Text, this is the title of the portal.
- You can also add an overlay color and set its opacity, that’s entirely up to you.
- Click on “Save & Next”.
Step 5: Finish
- The URL given is the one that you can share with your students and customers.
- Click on “Save & Exit”.
GrooveMember Portal Demo
- Once you’ve copied the URL given and open a new tab.
- The cover image on top of the portal and your courses.
- When you click on the “Learn More” button, it will open up the sales page and they can then purchase your course.
Changing Portal Featured Image & Description of Course
If you like to change the featured image and description for your course, here’s what to do:
- Head back to GrooveMember.
- Click on Content on the left tab and select Memberships.
- Head to the course you want to customize the feature image and description
- Click on this drop-down arrow and click edit our GrooveMember site.
- In step 1: Basic Information, this is where you can change the course name and course description.
- The sales page URL is where people will be redirected when they click on the “learn more” button when a member sees your course portal
- Click on “Save & Next”.
- Step 2: Design, is where you can change the featured image.
- Head to the instructor tab as per the screenshot below
- Under the featured image, click “Choose Image” and select or upload an image.
- Now they haven’t provided a recommended image size here but roughly 520 pixels in width and 283 pixels in height.
- Click on “Save & Next” all the way through.
Retrieving GrooveMember Portal Link URL
If you ever need your GrooveMember portal link URL, here’s where to find it.
- Head back to “Content” on the left tab and select “Portals”.
- Under Actions, click on the drop-down arrow and then click on the “login link” as per the below screenshot